Wednesday 18 November 2020

Six Years...

Can it really be six years?? Six years since I packed my cases and headed for the airport. Six years since I followed my heart...took a leap of Faith.. and made the best decision I have ever made.. Well maybe not THE best. That was when I said yes. But six years since I left my Welsh homeland where I had lived for 52 years.. to travel over 5000 miles to a new beginning in California... and marry the most amazing..kind.. funny..loving.. hardworking man who treats me with such respect and calls me his Queen. Thank you MrD for giving me such a happy life
Six years ago it was also bitter sweet. Leaving my kids was a huge wrench..but they were grown... settled.. and fabulous human beings... who were supportive in my decisions.. and just wanted me to be happy.
The last photo of me and Miss C at the airport.. in the bathroom no less... was all smiles.. but as I waved her out of sight as I headed for the plane ..my tears began to flow. Her choice not to come with me weighed heavy on my heart..but I understood her reasons. She had a good job that she loved... her own house.. and her own life. My boys had their own families ... but she was my little girl and would be alone.. But.. she proved my fears wrong.. showed how strong she is.. and if she had come with me.. wouldnt have met the man who is sooo right for her and given me my beautiful grandaughter.. Although... one of her first texts and a photo of her breakfast was "I need you to come home now!".. I think MrP is happy her cooking has improved..
As for the boys.. well they have made me so proud..and given me the most gorgeous grandsons. Its funny.. but even tho we all live so far apart.. we talk more than if we all lived in the same house.. and I see my grandbabies constantly and watch them grow. Thank you technology! Now they just have to invent something that can let you hug over the internet...

I cant wait til C19 is over....

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you -this the other day and wondering how many years it has been since you have been here. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story!! Almost a fairy tale " and they lived happily ever after". Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how hard it was to leave, but good too. Mr D is blessing and I know you are to him too.

    ReplyDelete