Friday 6 November 2020

Freebie Friday..

I have never been very lucky at getting things for free... but My Goodness.. what a difference this week
This week our local supermarket reopened after being refurbished. I popped in for a couple of things and to my surprise I was given a free bag of useful groceries at the checkout. I had no idea! As I was leaving I remembered I needed an avacado ..so went back in. At the same checkout I was given another bag of groceries! I explained that I had just been through... but she said... "I know... but we were told to give everyone who goes through checkout is to get a bag" I didnt argue.. and she was a supervisor who proceeded to drop the bag into my shopping trolley. So... I had a great boost to my food storage
The next freebie was at the same supermarket on the same day. Kelloggs cereal is about $5 a box... but they were selling them for 4 for $10.. so half price. Also.. if you bought four... you got a $4 gallon of milk free! Plus.. if you sent in the bar code and receipt on the cereal box saying you had bought three boxes and milk together..you got the price of the milk back. So I should have paid $28 but it only cost me $10.. 
I also got some lemons and limes from a neighbours tree... and they smell wonderful. There were more... but I have used some already. Its so strange seeing so many trees groaning under the weight of fruit in November.. But thats California for you.
And the best freebie I had ... was when I walked out this morning and looked to the heavens and breathed in the cooler Autumn air ...admired his beautiful creations and gloried in the new day the Lord has given me. No matter what is going on the world...

I am truly Blessed

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you. How nice to get the two bags!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you did great with groceries this week! I bet that made you feel goo,
    That view and fresh air is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete