Friday 27 November 2020

Its Over....

Thanksgiving is officially over (kinda)... although... there is always something to be Thankful for.
MrD and I are as stuffed as a pair of Turkeys. Once again I prepared far to much food... and I thought I was doing well!! But.. its hard coming down from a large family (at one time there were eight of us at home) to cooking for two. After one plate we were totally full...so leftovers for a while methinks...
Still.. The food wont go to waste.. with the ham being used for breakfasts.. sandwiches.. and tonight sliced cold with eggs.. Tator tots and peas. The turkey has been chopped..put into baggies.. and frozen but Ive left some out to make a pot pie for tomorrow. Im trying to persuade MrD not to buy such a big bird next year... (yeah ..good luck with that) and even tho I love turkey.. I think this year..for the first time ever.. Im considering having something different for our Christmas Dinner.
So now begins the push for Christmas.  MrD and I have started to put up the decorations.. which I should finish by the beginning of next week.. Not completely tho as MrD has bought me a new fireplace and it wont be here til next week. So for the rest of the week... there will be cards to write... parcels to mail.. a few presents to wrap... and on Thursday.. the lights will go on for Mum... 

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment