Tuesday 31 March 2020

My Light in the Darkness..

Its going to be a beautiful day.. I have just been standing in the morning sunshine..listening to the birds and enjoying the spring flowers already in bloom.

But.. even as I enjoyed the peace and quiet... and feeling the presence of the Lord...the reality of our lives has taken on a whole new meaning. For the last few weeks.. new words have entered our vocabulary.... pandemic... coronavirus...social distanceing. On a daily basis we are seeing anxiety and fear on peoples faces.  Our world has come to a standstill. Mass unemployment...shortages..schools and churches closing and national lockdowns have brought craziness and madness. Sometimes it feels more like a sci fi movie than part of our lives. Life has turned upside down and we are living in a new normal.. with no idea what life will be like when the covid 19 virus is over... and even when this will happen. There is just fear and uncertainty for most of us.. 

And today... our President revealed that in the next two weeks thousands and thousands are expected to die.. a terrifying thought. I am afraid for my hubby... who goes to work every day. I am afraid for my children and my grandbabies.. who are so far away. I am afraid for my elderly inlaws... and our older friends.. some of whom are alone and isolated...with only a phone for company.

We get our information from  newspapers and television and get caught up with all that it tells us... But we have to remember that most of it is just their opinion...and some of it not even fact.. and it makes your head spin. 

So for me... the only truth...the only facts.. come from the Lord. He is my Light in the Darkness. I will turn to Him. I will allow Him to establish His Peace in my heart. I will let Him wrap His loving arms around me and remember when ever I am afraid I only have to trust in His protection.. His care and let my uncertainty and doubt fall at the wayside

And when this is over I will walk in the sunshine.. give thanks to my Heavenly Father... and praise His name for the rest of my days

Stay safe...Stay well.. Stay strong

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment