Saturday 21 March 2020

Un..eggs..pected...

Just when I had accepted that we wouldnt be having eggs for a while... I have been blessed with finding two dozen. We were told about a little deli /grocery store, hidden away.. just across from where we live.. 
Although the lovely Armenian couple who run it dont carry a large variety of stock.. they have lots of fruit and veg...and basics like bread.. milk..butter... and eggs!

The lady owner apologised for the prices being higher than supermarkets.. but as MrD said... it was understandable because of their overheads.  And honestly... when I went over the receipt the prices compared very well... especially when you consider.. no petrol was used to get the shopping. Plus her hubby goes out every morning... seven days a week.. to buy the freshest foods and keep shelves well stocked for their customers

I would encourage you to shop at little family stores... not just during this corona crisis.. but afterwards. As the grand daughter of  shopkeeper, these little stores need us so they can survive.  I cant wait to get over there and have a wander round.
In the mean time.. as I promised MrD.. now I have eggs.. time for some Chewy Fudge Brownie Cookies...his favourite
Also... its been a week of birthdays..with another week to come...
Today I want to wish a very Happy Birthday to my wonderful daughter in law. 
Thank you for being so fabulous.. and for giving me such a gorgeous grandson

Stay safe... stay well

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment