Monday 23 March 2020

Whats For Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday

So... today the Uk went on Lock Down.. and the enormity of the situation has finally hit my children... especially my daughter. She realized today that there is a possibility that her July wedding may not happen... and shes devestated. She is of course putting a brave face on it and saying as long as everyone is well.. thats all that matters.. but today the flood gates opened and the tears came. MrD and I had already accepted that we may not be able to fly to the UK .. and its upsetting that we will not see everyone and finally meet our grandson who would have been having his second birthday when we were there..

Luckily..my eldest son and daughter in law can both work from home.. as can my daughter. but other son is a manager in a supermarket... and has recently been diognosed with diabetis and a few other problems... so he has been sent home as he is high risk.

It is a dreadful time for everyone. But.. this pandamic WILL end eventually and the most important thing is that everyone comes through it safe and well. We have a long way to go.. with a lot of scary moments ahead... but we will get through it.. and have the the biggest celebration ever..


Im still on "house arrest" and trying not to go stir crazy. Now we are totally unpacked (at last) I have made a new...long overdue inventory of all our food supplies, rotated our stock and made new menus using as much of our fresh stuff as possible. My aim is to stretch meals out and have no waste. I am so grateful that I followed my grandmothers advice and took the time last year to can..dehydrate.. freeze and preserve... and build up my pantry. And Ive found an old cookbook so Im going to look up some frugal recipes. It will be an ongoing process...but I will so miss having fruit and vegetables from my neighbours gardens

Thank you for the advice Nana... Grandmothers really did know best......


Weekly Plan - 23rd March 2020
 
Monday              
Griddle Pork Chops, Mash Potatoes, Corn and Gravy

Tuesday              Chicken Taco Salad and Spanish Rice

Wednesday         G
rilled Ham, Tater Tots, Egg, Peas

Thursday            Cajun Sausage Pasta
                             
Friday                 Vegetable Pizza

Saturday             Chili Hot Dogs

Sunday                Chicken, Roasted Potatoes. Brocolli, Carrots





4 comments:

  1. I'm in lockdown in NYC. My heart goes out to your daughter. So many disappointments and sadness in these days. I had a 70th birthday trip to England this summer to celebrate and we have postponed it indefinitely. I am doing a lot of cooking -- certainly have the time -- and stocked with things my great-grandmother would have had. I've got lots of beans, lentils and root veggies. Take care and please come and visit Buttercupland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of others that canceled their weddings. I pray our World is back to normal and your Daughter can have her wedding AND that you can be there. I am using much of what I have in the pantry/freezer but had to run out to get some things this morning! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been careful not to waste anything, too. Louis Dean and I joke that we could live on what my daughter and her family waste! We happen to like leftovers and they don’t but I imagine they are adjusting and conserving more now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish that I could menu plan and follow it. I've tried... I don't know if I'm not organized enough but I just could never make it work. I envy those that can do it. I'm so sorry about your daughter's wedding. This virus is throwing a monkey wrench into so many people's plans.

    ReplyDelete