Tuesday 29 October 2019

Teal Tuesday...

Its Teal Tuesday.....so a timely reminder about Ovarian Cancer.

I was flicking through my photos when I came across these pics that I didnt realize I had. It was the moment my son Facetimed me and saw me for the first time after losing my hair and suffering the affects of chemo. The reality of my illness hit him like a ton of bricks..and for a few moments he couldnt speak..
Of course... being my son...  his beaming smile returned. After the preliminary "how you feeling", etc... it wasn't mentioned again... and the rest  of the conversation was light hearted. And that's how it is with all my children.. 
Sometimes we forget how devastating it can be for the families of those diagnosed with cancer. They feel worried, angry, afraid... or just very very sad. I was so blessed to have an amazing hubby and three incredible children.. who supported me... never doubted I could beat it...and most of all..kept the laughter going.  They never let the mask slip.. not in front of me at least. because of this we found strength in each other. I'm so proud of them all
So let me just remind you...there is no known test for Ovarian Cancer. You have to look for its symptoms... which can be difficult as they mimic other illnesses. I have said before.. my own GP was treating me for Diverticulitis. Early detection is essential.. because once it gets to stage four... its usually too late. Please share the heck out of this... and lets get the word out about this Silent Killer

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

3 comments:

  1. SO glad you are doing well and have such an amazing support system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this reminder. I lost a friend to Ovarian Cancer and know that it is a silent killer, she never knew she had it until it was too late. Thankful that you found yours and got treatment! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a horrible disease. My brother had it for so many years. My sister in law is still fighting it. I'm so glad your family was so very supportive. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete