Monday 5 August 2019

Whats For Dinner~Meal Plan Monday


Well Hello August... and another busy month to look forward to. I am so blessed to have the happy life I live.. a few goats would make it happier...just saying lol

This week.. no major plans at yet. We cant make too many plans as MrD has to have surgery asap... nothing too drastic ...but it has to be done...It will mean a couple of weeks off work.. so its a bit of a waiting game right now.  

Otherwise...we have a bake sale at church on Sunday so I'm making some cookies and banana breads. And of course..Zucchini Bread for MrD...his new favourite

Celery..and Bell Peppers are being dehydrated this week.. and strawberries are on sale.. 2 boxes for $1.50.. so I just HAVE to buy. I don't know whether I will freeze them.. make jam... or maybe a bit of both. I do know that we will be having them fresh with a dollop of ice cream for dessert a couple of days

I'm always on the lookout for a bargain... and I buy reduced and freeze as much as I can. For example.. this week I bought bananas for the bread at 29c lb... I replenished the freezer with chicken which worked out at 90c lb...This will come in handy when MrD is off work. I also found celery 2 for $1.. and salmon fillets reduced to $4 for two nice pieces. I also discovered Hersheys Chocolate Chips in Walmart..reduced from $4.25 to 50c. It may have been a mistake..and I did ask one of the girls and she said it was ok...so I grabbed the last few bags. Not a necessity as yet...but as well as cookies for Sunday.. they will keep a few months for my Christmas baking

So with my church group meeting for the last time at the park on Thursday (its back to indoors form next week).. and a day out with Hubby on Saturday..hopefully...but dont know where yet.. its going to be a good week

I hope you will be blessed with one too

Weekly Plan - 5th August 2019
 
Monday              
Szechuan Chicken, Vegetable Stir Fry, 

Tuesday              Taco Salad


Wednesday         Slow Cooker Coconut  Chicken Curry, Rice and Naan Bread


Thursday            Pork Chops, Potato Au Gratin, Broccoli


Friday                 
Teriyaki Turkey Burgers, Salad


Saturday             Leftover Curry, Baked Potato and salad

Sunday                Honey Garlic Salmon, Baked Potato, Roasted Mediterranean Veggies

3 comments:

  1. Hello!
    How have I not found you yet???
    What a lovely space.
    I am happy to be a new follower.
    Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a bargain! I buy celery when it's cheap, chop it and freeze it. Works good for soup. Your dehydrator method is a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure do find the bargains!
    Sounds like good eatin' at your house!! : )

    ReplyDelete