Thursday 15 August 2019

Frangipani..and Strawberry Bread

This was the first Thursday morning in quite a while that I have been able to go walking...and I made the most of it. I walked just over six miles... but it really got too hot towards the end. The old knee was just fine..no pulling..aching or pain. I really hope this means its ok now.. but I will be very careful not to pull it again....Stretch and Stengthen Exercises be darned!! (yes thats how I damaged it)
It wont be long and it will be Autumn.. so Im making the most of all the summer flowers that are still in bloom. I especially love these... that are everywhere right now. Plumeria...also known as Frangipani... not to be confused with Frangipane.. the sweet cake and pastry filling made from almonds...

And talking of cakes... (how smooth was that link...lol)

I mentioned to a friend that  I had strawberries and blueberries in my freezer.. so she gave me a recipe to try. It turned out really nice...not too sweet.. just as we like it. Thank you Miss Gloria

Strawberry and Blueberry Bread


2 cups fresh strawberries
3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup blueberries

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 
  • Butter and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
  • Slice strawberries and place in medium-sized bowl. 
  • Sprinkle lightly with sugar, and set aside
  • Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in large bowl
  • Mix well. 
  • Blend oil and eggs into strawberries. 
  • Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. 
  • Stir in blueberries
  • Divide batter into pans.
  • Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes (test each loaf separately). Let cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. 
  • Turn loaves out of pans, and allow to cool before slicing.
Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

7 comments:

  1. Those flowers are gorgeous! That cake sounds delicious. It even looks pretty. Most of the sweets that I enjoy are not on my diet anymore. So today I bought a lemon merengue pie. It IS on my diet.(as long as I only have a normal piece of it. hahaha) You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any thing with Lemon is a winner with me... add meringue and its perfection. Enjoy! x

      Delete
  2. The bread looks so delicious. A slice with coffee or tea would be wonderful. I am not familiar with this flower but it is pretty. It is very hot here in the South and I am looking forward to cooler temps. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What good news that you could take a walk. I can remember those days but now my legs are too bad to walk far. That recipe sounds wonderful! I'm going to copy it down and make it. Thanks .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thursdays are usually Ladies Bible Study.. but none now til September..so I can get these old legs moving again x

      Delete
  4. The bread looks so good and would be easy to make gluten free which I need. Just might try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it.. please let me know how it turns out x

      Delete