Monday 26 August 2019

Meal Plan Monday....or Not... The "Crash" Diet"

So this week... there is no meal plan. After a weekend of Praise and Thanksgiving....and counting our blessings.. I'm doing five days of Fast and Prayer. For me that means liquids during the day and some light soup with Hubby in the evening when he has a meal. Hubby cant fast.. he has a manual job so burns a  lot of calories.. but he is cutting out "sweet stuff'" and eating leftovers from the freezer so I don't have to cook. Saturday we are going out for the day... and Sunday we have Fellowship at church...so its a cooking free week for me.

So why..you may ask ..am I doing this. Well I often Fast when I am troubled..need to clear my head.. and want to get closer to the Lord. This weekend.. after not being able to get there due to Hubby's work... we managed to get to Harvest at the Angel Stadium. It was amazing!! More of that tomorrow.... 
But on the way there.. we got into an accident. The car in front of us inexplicably stopped...so we slowed down and stopped behind her. But the white car behind us couldn't stop in time and went into the back of us. She in turn was hit from behind by another car..and became "the filling in the sandwich"
Praise Jesus no one was hurt.. but the two young women in the cars behind us were quite rattled. The woman in the car in front just drove off. Luckily we had it all on dash cam. There is minor  damage to our truck...but it was obviously not our fault so the insurance should cover it. The other two cars didnt fare so well. But more importantly no one was injured... and for that I am extremely grateful. It pays to say a prayer before starting a journey.

With my worries about MrD's surgery... the 30th anniversary of the death of my first baby girl tomorrow..( I still think of her and of the life she may have led).. and a few other things  that are weighing on my mind... I need to find some peace. I always get it from the Lord and I am grateful for his loving protection

Have a great week everyone. 

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you weren't injured and that it wasn't your fault. I have done fasting for a day or two, but not as long as this. Praying your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete