Friday 16 August 2019

All The B's...

What a good week.. lots of highs...and a couple of lows. The good news is.. Hubbys work have worked out who will be covering his surgery...so someone is coming to see him on Tuesday. The sooner the better now.. as Hubby just wants it over and done with . He's planning to be back in work a couple of days after surgery.. Yes..well...we shall see. I know theres no one else to do his job.. but they will just have to manage. I keep reminding him that his middle name isnt Superman

Living To Tell The Story

So this weeks Fridays Fave Five...are not really favourites...except perhaps the first two But seeing as Susannes blog is called Living to Tell the Story...this is my story this week

Bubbles
Not even rain and bad weather can stop this girl. I just love her wonderment in everything she does... even the simple things like making bubbles. She is a joy

Bouncing Baby
I cant get over how big this lad is getting.. He is such a happy chap. It wont be long till hes walking. This boy make my heart jump too

Bargains...

As you may know... Im a food prepper..and Im always looking for bargains to put in my food storage. I allow approx $5 a week to add to my pantry. I seriously dropped lucky this week at Walmart...and I almost missed it. Their Progresso soup was down to 25c a can for some flavours. Usually they are $1.68..and in the Stater Bros... over $2.50. Thats a lot for a can of soup The Campbells soup were 50c and I use them as a quick sauce for chicken or pork in recipes. And theTaco mix and marinades were less than half price at 40c a pack.. Everything had dates well into 2021. So for less than $5 I got all this..a massive saving and a welcome addition for the future

Bites
Living in California is great... but some of the insects here are so different to what Im used to in the Uk, Im yet to see a spider... but its not unusual to see cockroaches (ugh)..water beetles... and this morning I had a cricket in my kitchen. Also.. the mosquitoes seem to love this Welsh girl. One got me on the leg... little B... Its now very itchy... blistered and a little painful. Anyone have an idea how to ease it. Calamine lotion and neosporin isnt quite cutting it... Apologies for the 57 year old leg...lol

Brown Water
What if you woke up one morning, started to run your bath...and this is what you saw.. Disgusting brown water!.. And..it was coming for every tap in the house... hot and cold. And ... it lasted for two days. Apparently.. "they" had been working on water pipes..and rust and sediment were being flushed through. We were told it was safe to drink..bathe..brush our teeth..but not to run the washing machine. But..nooo thank you. Its just gross...and you never know what it can do to you. Thats why Im grateful to my food storage and the bottled water we have been buying. We used it to cook..in the coffee machine..to wash dishes..and brush our teeth. I coped with strip washes.. and my hair dosnt have to be washed every day. This time "my lamps were filled" (Matt 25:3)

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

8 comments:

  1. Yuck - I agree on that water and I'm glad you were prepared!
    Glad the surgery is going to be done soon.
    That is a nasty bite. I've actually heard that putting cider vinegar on bites help to kill the itch, but if that opens I wouldn't put it on, it would probably sting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bite is past that stage now Mari... but its a good idea to keep for the future. Thank you x

      Delete
  2. Oh yuck to the brown water! I couldn't imagine using that for anything.
    Too bad about the mosquito bite. It looks really uncomfortable. I've never found Calamine lotion to be useful for any itch. A paste made of baking soda and water sometimes helps, also ice relieves the pain.
    I've had an infected eye for the past 3 days which is also uncomfortable and itchy. I told my GS I'd have to borrow his pirate patch if I wanted to go out in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking soda and water sounds good...Im going to try it. Hope your eye gets better soon GM x

      Delete
  3. Sorry about that wicked bite on your leg. I usually use calamine lotion on itchy bug bites. The little ones are adorable, and yes, that little fellow will be walking and running around pretty soon. As for that brown water, I wouldn't use it either. I use spring walker for anything that Pogo and I eat of drink. Here's hoping hubby has his surgery and is up and being superman again. hahaha. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those your grandkids? They are cuties. They grow up so fast! Wow, those were great deals you got on all those food items. Love finding great deals like that. That's a crazy mosquito bite. I've never seen one blister like that. We use baking soda & water paste for itchy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I popped over from the FFF list. I live in CA too!
    Our water hasn't been brown and yucky. I hope it cleared up ok.
    I hope your hubby's surgery gets scheduled quickly and all goes well.

    ReplyDelete