Friday 9 August 2019

Everythings Coming Up .....Avacado.

Back in January..I told you about the little surprise I got while I was taking down the the Christmas decorations...

Just to recap I told how a couple of months earlier I was given three avocados from a friends garden. I had seen a clip on YouTube about growing plants from the stones. So I followed the instructions, stuck cocktail sticks into them, balanced them in water and put them in sunlight to see what happened. When I decorated for Christmas they didn't exactly go with the decor so I put them on top of the fridge ..out of the way. But then ...I decorated the fridge top..and the stones were hidden.. and...I forgot about them
Come to January 4th... when I was taking the decorations down.. I found them again. They were bone dry...but wow!! They had sprouted...well two out of three. The third had good roots...but hadn't sprouted.....and I'm afraid I lost him...
But just look at the other two. I potted them in small pots... and this week into bigger ones. They are coming on so well...and loving the California sunshine

Now I'm waiting to see if they will eventually produce fruit..
Apparently...that could take ten years...

I hope I will still be around...lol

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

3 comments:

  1. I tried growing avocados many years ago with no luck. Maybe I should try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a great surprise, good luck I hope you have much fruit, sometimes it is best to leave plants alone and let them do their thing, My dh says I love mine to death, I had the hardest time growing lavender, until I just left them alone, to my surprise this afternoon I found some lavender buds that I will gather tomorrow. Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! They are looking great. I love avocados! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete