Monday 17 August 2020

Whats for Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday


Its going to be a hot week here in SoCal...with temperatures set to reach the top 90s and above. Its also another busy week in my kitchen as I continue my Every Bit Counts Challenge where I try to put something by every day.. no matter how small. 

This weekend I froze a few things.. but I have decided against putting anything else in the freezer. There have been warnings of power outages due to the extreme temperatures..so Im afraid of food spoiling. From today onwards.. I will only be canning or dehydrating... and thanks to some "gifts" from friends gardens..I have plenty to get on with

MrD thought we should be prepared and has bought another Propane lantern...and a couple more torches. They will help especially in the mornings as MrD goes to work at 4am when its dark..and I will only need light for a couple of hours til the sun comes up. Otherwise... we go to bed by eight and so its still pretty light outside. We are definitely on a different schedule to other people. 

So apart from that.. Life keeps plodding on.. with not much going on in my everyday world.. But the madness in the world seems to be getting a little crazier by the minute...and somedays I find it overwhelming. Im taking my Pastors advice and switching off the media for a couple of days.. and letting the light of Jesus into my heart  to overcome the darkness I have in my mind. My working hands.. good music.. and spiritual readings will help.

And with a bit of luck and a lot of prayer.. I will stop worrying so much

Have a great week... and here's this weeks menu


Weekly Plan - 17th August 2020
 

Monday                Spaghetti Bolognese, Garlic Bread

Tuesday                Chicken Taco Salad

Wednesday 
 
        Cajun Sausage Pasta


Thursday             Chicken Curry, Basmati Rice, Naan bread
                             
Friday                  Pizza Night

Saturday              Day out with Hubby (again...hopefully)

Sunday                 Crispy Vegetable Quesadillas



4 comments:

  1. When I see the vintage images of housewives like that I always think of my mama back in the 1960s. She always wore a dress (that she made herself) and had on an apron (also that she would have made) and did all from-scratch cooking and baking. She was old-fashioned and I remember those things with much happiness. // I've stopped reading news lately. Just tired of it all. Much more important to do Jesus things as we wait upon the Lord. Blessings to you for a lovely week, Phoebe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are wise to tune out the media, I've been trying to do that too. It just adds fear, plus I don't think I can believe most of it.
    Good looking menu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week's menu looks delicious! I hope your power stays on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to let the light of Jesus in!

    ReplyDelete