Monday 3 August 2020

Whats for Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday..


So here I am with the dinner menu plan for this coming week. I havent published one for a while... even though I have written them in my weekly planner. 

As you know... I have always believed in food storage.. and stocking up "just in case." This has served us well during this virus.. and I have tried to use as much store cupboard/ freezer food that I could.. just so I could cut down on the trips to the supermarket. It has all been well in theory.. but five months of putting it into practice has showed me just what was lacking. I had no idea how fast I would run out of some food... and that other foods ...eg flour..would be impossible to replace.

But it has been a good lesson.. and now that stores seem to be more well stocked its time to start the  storage planning again.. Its a good time to start as harvesting has begun and already friends are offering me their surplus. I seriously cant wait to move out of this city so I can have a garden again.. but it will be a couple of years yet.

So..my storage plans and inventory have been reorganised and shopping plans and budget revised. I have a list of youtube videos I need to watch  to learn how to prepare foods for long term storage.The canner is ready..the dehydrator is dusted off.. and today Im going to deal with over 8lb of jalapeno peppers.... yes and I have got gloves...

Here's this weeks dinner menu..

Weekly Plan - 3rd August 2020
 

Monday               Beef and Broccoli with Vegetable Stir Fry

Tuesday               Spicy (or not) Chicken Tacos

Wednesday 
 
        Breakfast For Dinner


Thursday             Boneless Pork Chops, Baked Broccoli and Cheese Patties
                             
Friday                  Canadian Bacon and Pineapple French Bread Pizza

Saturday              Day out with Hubby (hopefully)

Sunday                Mac and Cheese with Spinach and Mushrooms

5 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious! Even though it's hot here mac and cheese sounds so good to me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great meal plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do breakfast for supper again - thanks for that reminder!
    I'm trying to work on my food storage too. It's easier with canned food, than things like flour though! Do you have any tips on that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, being so organized. Your meals always sound good.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made beef and broccoli with Udon Noodles for dinner last night. Your menu plan sounds great.

    ReplyDelete