Monday 18 November 2019

Whats For Dinner~Meal Plan Monday

At this exact time...five years ago.. I was packed and ready to leave my home in Wales...to embark on the biggest adventure of my life. My entire belongings were crammed into two suitcases, a carry on bag and two boxes that had been forwarded to my new home in the US.
Although I knew it was a leap of Faith... and I knew I was doing the right thing...it was a huge wrench. My "things" had gone ahead... but my heart and my love was being left behind with my children... who although grown were..and still are...my babies. I would never had done it without their blessing.
These five years have been the most amazing I have ever known...and apart from all those wonderful moments spent with my kids growing up... have been the happiest I have ever known. Mainly due to the amazing, kind, funny, God loving man I travelled over 5,000 miles to marry
Im so grateful for my life...and its many blessings..and I pray that it will just keep getting better...
I have a feeling...it will

So back to now.... and its the week before Thanksgiving...and everything is under control. The "Big Clean" is underway. This weekend we are getting the turkey... a frozen Butterball which will be defrosted in plenty of time. As usual I will prepare it the same way my mother and my grandmother did... covered with bacon. I think they did it to keep the meat moist..not really needed with these modern turkeys infused with butter..but its a tradition. 

Also this week I hope to make my mincemeat for my christmas (yes I said the C word) mince pies. I was going to make a traditional English Fruit Cake this year...but MrD doesnt fancy it...so maybe next year. No doubt he will want plenty of his favourite Chewy Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies

So how are your Holiday Plans coming along? 

Have a great week

Weekly Plan - 18th November 2019
 
Monday              
Leftovers of yesterdays Roast Chicken, Potatoes and Vegetables

Tuesday              SkilletVeggies with Smoked Turkey Sausage

Wednesday         Breakfast for Dinner


Thursday            Crispy Beef , Stir fry Vegetables
                             
Friday                 Homemade Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pizza

Saturday             Baked Ziti

Sunday                Church Pot Luck and Baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment