Tuesday 12 November 2019

Relenting...

Well I know I said I wouldnt..but Ive relented... and started to prepare for Christmas.. just slightly. Ok ..Ok.. I know I said I like to keep each season to its own... so Thanksgiving first.. but I have a good reason.. ( or  excuse? defence?? justification???) Anyway...
My children live 5000 miles away in the UK... and hubbys family live up in Washington State.. so everything has to be mailed early. Plus...Im not sending gifts this year (well maybe a couple of tiny ones for grandbabies) Last year I sent a box to the UK and it cost nearly $100... just think of the extra gifts I could have bought with that cash!
So this year I have it sussed. I have a list... I have a daughter and daughter in law... and I have paypal. So they will get the list..the cash... and the fun of shopping and wrapping.. Sorted!!
But the cards..well thats personal...and I will write them..and the letters myself. And thats the job for today on my travels... look for some more Christmas cards..and carry on writting the ones that I have.
Have you started Christmas prepping yet?

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x


5 comments:

  1. I haven't started Christmas prepping yet for my family as I've had exams but I have been working on some Christmas posts for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my gifts mostly bought and almost all wrapped. No decorating though - will do that after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We pick up items through the year and are now doing some serious shopping while the weather is cooperating. House is about 70% decorated ~ need to finish outside too. Love this season but my favorite is when the shopping is done and we can stay home and write cards and bake!

    Hope you get it all done too. Such a nice feeling after.

    X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the mailing cost for the Christmas boxes. It's really getting to be too much. I have a friend in Holland though, and I will still send her box. I, too, need to get a lot of my shopping and wrapping done early because a lot of my family lives in other states. I won't put up the tree or any decorations until after Thanksgiving. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've started thinking about prepping for Christmas... does that count?

    ReplyDelete