Friday 22 November 2019

Five Friday Favourites...

Living to Tell the Story
Its been a while.. but this week I'm joining in Fridays Favourite Five hosted by Susanne  over at Living to Tell the Story. It should be fun

Crafty Friend

We have had our first Christmas gift... and isnt it wonderful. We have such talented friends. Miss J hand painted this on wood from an old packing crate. She admits the design isnt hers... but I think its amazing. Thank you..and I cant wait to put it up after Thanksgiving.

She Said Yes To The Dress

Technology is wonderful. This week my daughter went to look for her wedding dress..and although she is back in England...I was able to go too...via Facetime. We wernt hopeful in finding one first time...as she had very definite ideas about what she wanted... But when she tried on the third dress...we all heard her gasp from behind the curtain. As the curtain was pulled back... we all knew this was the one. And I must admit...when she tried the head dress and veil on... I cried. Heaven help me on the wedding day. And thanks to technology... MrD paid for the whole ensemble over the phone.. Then it was HIS turn to cry....lol I hope Im as lucky looking for my outfit

Booked

And to follow on from the last post... the Little family have booked their flights... and two weeks after the wedding... the three of them will be flying out here for their Honeymoon/ Vacation. I cant wait to take Little Miss to Disneyland!

The Christmas Gift

My daughter and her Little Family  have travelled from Newcastle to visit family in Wales. This morning Little Miss went to take visit her great grandparents... my mum and dad..in their final resting place  in the little village of Ruabon  where  I grew up. She took them a Christmas basket of silk flowers..and placed a robin on the grave. My mum loved Robins...her Christmascards always had a robin or two on them. She used to say... when she was gone...if we ever saw one to think of her. We were all thinking of her..and dad..today

Panad

And finally..you cant go to Wales with out having a Panad ( cup of tea) especially of you drink it ever so nicely.... And if you are very good.. like Little Miss...you can have a gingerbread man too! Me .. myself.. well.. Rydw i'n hoffi coffi.. (I like coffee)

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x


11 comments:

  1. So much exciting news! The dress is a big deal and SO happy that she found the RIGHT one! I know you will be counting the days until their visit. What a cutie-pie! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that your granddaughter is learning at a young age to honor her family this way. Since my husband died my children and grandchildren are learning this tradition that is new for us, though my in-laws, living in the same city as the cemetery where most of their relatives were buried, used to visit graves at least once a year.

    My husband and I and our children would often visit cemeteries, even on trips, though we didn't know anyone personally who had been buried in them. So many of us are separated by a great distance geographically from these familial resting places, but there are other worse reasons that the tradition is dying out.

    How great that you got to "be there" via Facebook :-) A new tradition helping the old one survive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to go shopping with your daughter via Facebook. That is great news that she found a dress so quickly.
    What a wonderful event to look forward to: your daughter and family coming to visit. And of course a Disneyland trip is a great thing to look forward to with a grand child.
    Your Rudolph sign is very darling. It will brighten up any space it is in. What a lovely gift from your friend.
    When we lived in England we visited Wales twice and loved it both times. Some friends and I are hoping to take a walking tour there. It’s part of our five-year plan.
    That is a precious picture of your granddaughter. And I would take a gingerbread cookie with a cup of tea or coffee.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Miss is just adorable. And how sweet that she took a basket of silk flowers and even a Robin to leave at the cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Little Miss is soo cute. How lovely to be able to take part in the shopping for "the dress". Isn't technology great when it works well? Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so nice you got to be part of the wedding dress shopping via Facebook! That sign is cute and your granddaughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next best thing to being there! What exciting news.
    Very touching to see Little Miss at the cemetery.
    She sure is enjoying that cup of tea! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little Miss is so cute!
    I love you were able to be present for the dress shopping. And Mr D is a good guy to pay for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Christmas sign! How wonderful that you were able to shop with your daughter via technology. Little Miss is such a beautiful little charmer. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is wonderful that you were able to share that bridal dress experience from thousands of miles away!
    Your Little Miss is adorable! I love that she is learning early to enjoy her cuppa and also to honor her family.
    BTW, you don't live so far from me--I'm in Ventura County :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting that search for the wedding dress is. And to have found it so quickly! Glad you were able to be a part of it. You made me laugh when you said it was your turn for hubby to cry after he paid for it. LOL. Your granddaughter is too cute.

    ReplyDelete