Tuesday 19 November 2019

Double Anniversary....

November 19th is a bitter sweet day for me. It's the happy anniversary of my arrival in the US and the start of my new life
But...its also a sad day. The anniversary of the death of the most amazing, gentle and wickedly funny man who loved me unconditionally...and from who I got my sense of humour, my fear of spiders... my love of "lightcakes" and my baby blue eyes.... My dad! Thirteeen years today we lost him after his brave battle with cancer...and I have to admit.. this morning I shed a few tears. But he brought so much laughter into the world...its hard not to smile. Always the comedian!

But..I know where he is... and he's with mum so happy and at peace. It's a comfort...but the lonliness for him is immense
Love you and miss you always Dad. 
Until we meet again xxx

5 comments:

  1. Miss my dad too. He died in 1999. Fathers and daughters have a very special bond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for the loss of your father. I lost my mom four years ago. It's so hard to lose a parent. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bittersweet day for you. May God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom has been gone for 14 years. I miss her too, some days more than others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you have someone so essential and good to remember, the sweet of this day must outweigh the bitter. But I seem to miss my dear departed more, the longer they’ve been “gone,” so I know what you mean. Thank you for a loving tribute.

    ReplyDelete