Friday 29 November 2019

Stuffed... Like a Turkey...

I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving. I had a lovely day with my Honey and I am absolutely stuffed...
As usual I spent most of the morning in the Kitchen.. but thanks to my trusty lists... everything ran smoothly.. and apart from the last minute rush to get everything out at the same time... I didnt even break a sweat. 
Maybe because the weather was so much cooler than previous years..and Im so glad we were having dinner at home because it poured with rain all day. We even had time to phone family and Face time the kids in the UK
Night before prep of vegetables and side dishes helped a lot so in the morning I got up early to stuff the turkey... As you can see.. I plaster my turkey in bacon... just like my mum and Nana used to do. As well as keeping the turkey moist..although these days.. especially with a Butterball... its not really needed.. but it does give it a lovely flavour.
Does anyone else do that?
Then I just put the ham into the slow cooker... and later cooked the veggies... 
and baked the Green Bean casserole, Stuffing and Roasted Potatoes. 
And as requested.. made devilled eggs for the first time ever..
and they were a success...even if a bit rough looking
 Happily there were no cooking disasters...and there is loads of food left over. Turkey Pot Pie and a curry is on the menu. MrD said the turkey was the most flavourful and moist one I have done to date. I have a lot to live up to for the Christmas one... 
Yes! We are having another one in a few weeks.. Thanksgiving was all about the US... Christmas is for a British dinner... complete with Brussel Sprouts (I can hear the groans from here),sausage wrapped in bacon and Christmas Pudding.

So true to my word... I said no Christmas til after Thanksgiving...but now... ....

Watch out world... Mrs Claus is on her way....

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

3 comments:

  1. All the food you made looks so delicious.
    I hope you'll post pics of your Christmas decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All that food and it looks so yummy! I never heard of putting bacon all over the turkey, but I think I'll give it a try. That's a great photo of you and your Honey. Now I can't wait to see what's in store from Mrs. Claus. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had successfully posted my comment but apparently not. Anyway, I just want to say everything looks so good. You did well.

    ReplyDelete