Friday 11 August 2017

Fruit Cure??

This journey has not been easy. The terrible pain from the tumour..the surgery.. and the chemo with all its needles and side effects. Not to mention the fear and trepidation about what was to come. But it could have been a lot worse. Without all the love, prayers and support I have received from so many people I dont know where I would be now
Of course my biggest cheerleader has been my wonderful hubby. I waited a long time to find him and all this has happened just over two years into our marriage. He has been with me every step of the way.. praying with me.. comforting me... encouraging me and keeping the laughter going. His faith that I will beat this has been unwavering and if he has been worried.. he has never shown it.

He is always trying to find ways to make me feel better when the side effects hit.. finding ways of keeping me cool, meds to beat the nausea and skin sores... and foods and drinks that I may find palatable and can keep inside me'
He was talking to a lady in the offices where he works about her nephew who had beaten brain cancer. She said there were two types of food I should try. One was a very large strange fruit called a Soursop.....anyone heard of it? No me neither... Its a combination of a strawberry and pineapple with a sour lime taste...and a creamy texture like a banana. It sounds interesting. Its all the flavours I love..and we will look out for some.. but I dont know where we can buy them. And neither did hubby. So he decided to surprise me with the second thing she suggested.... fried chicken and french fries. 
Well... he brought a Wendys Chicken bites and fries... so close enough.... and a little something for himself of course. After not eating much for days because of the metallic taste in my mouth...boy was it good. It may have been all the salt... but I could definitely taste them... and I did keep them inside.

And you wonder why I tell him hes my hero.....lol 

Maybe next time someone will tell him that Ben and Jerrys is a good option...

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x


No comments:

Post a Comment