Monday 28 August 2017

All Done !!

So...thats it...no more chemo.. I'm done. And as you can see from how poorly and swollen I look... its about time!

Nurse Sue found that the port had flipped back...and although I was quite apprehensive... the chemo needle went straight in. There was a problem though... this is me we are talking about so what do you expect. She ran saline through it via a syringe and was expecting blood to come out...no blood. She was expecting to see the saline in the tube go slightly brown but it stayed clear...and there was no tinny taste in my mouth. She asked me to cough hard a few times...no luck. She told me to raise my right arm... nothing. So then she had me stand and do some exercises... throwing my arms back... I must I must I must increase my bust.... seriously? Im one person who dosnt need help in that area and still nothing happened. Finally she had me bending to touch my toes. No one was more surprised than me that I could do it!!. And voila... blood appeared in the syringe tube. So we were good to go. During the treatment I had no other complications and by 1 o'clock I was ready for home with my Neulasta automatic meds dispenser attached to my tummy ready for tomorrow afternoons dose to help my white count. I have three more doses of steroids today and tomorrow and Im done with those too.

So apart from some side effects Im expecting.. and the meeting with Dr Phan in two weeks to discuss maintenance.. part one...and the most aggressive part... is over.. and I am so grateful.
The last six months has been the most scary time of my life. Although I tried not to show it there were times I thought I would never get through and I admit I have cried a couple of times. Not knowing what was coming next was the worse. But I met each challenge head on.. with Faith. Hope and a lot of laughter. 

I couldnt have done it without the love of my wonderful family... the encouragement from you my amazing friends and the never ending comfort..reassurance and total kick butt support from my incredibly loving soulmate MrD. 

You have all been with me every step of my Journey.. and I will always be grateful. I am so blessed.

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x


2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful you are at this point of your journey - now for feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God!!! You have been amazing!

    ReplyDelete