Saturday 20 November 2021

Saturday Snippets...

Ladies and Gentlemen.... We have a roof!. It appears that Mr D's hints of phoning Home Advisor and  bad reviews worked. In one day.. they redid the bad workmanship and shingled the whole roof. The estimated eight day job only took 24... but its finished now. It can rain as much as it likes...and we will have no worries.
 
We can now get outside and start the clean up. MrD wants to paint the house trim this week ready to put the Christmas lghts up after Thanksgiving. He's also going to spray down the exterior while I need to wash all the windows. The roofers were pretty good cleanng up after themselves but everywhere is extremely dusty.
The garden work has slowed down..although my veggie beds will contnue to be prepped through the winter...and Im still buying the occasional tub to do my container produce. I cut all the rose bushes back this week... except one. It was still in full bloom...and I couldnt bring myself to prune it...yet.
And although Im trying not to prep for Christmas yet... on a trip to a local garden centre.. Ponsettias were on sale for $1.98 so I picked up a couple for our window border...  I tried to resist...I really did.
The Cranberry and Apple Jam is ready for Thanksgiving. Just look at that beautiful colour. I only canned a couple of jars as we dont use much.. but its lovely with turkey... lamb (which we dont often buy) or in cookies and pies. 
Another heart is done. Lots of beading on this one. I love my afternoon stitching..either in my sewing room...or hand sewing in front of the television watching an old movie or a good murder mystery.

Next week the push to Thanksgiving starts... then my fvourite time of year..Christmas!

And I can hardly wait!

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x


1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Your house looks great. I'm thankful for you having the roof done.

    ReplyDelete