Thursday 11 November 2021

In The Kitchen ~ Crockpot Pumpkin Oatmeal

The mincemeat is done and jarred up ready for Christmas and my kitchen smells amazing.. all fruity and spicy. In a couple of weeks  will use it in my mince pies, tarts and even cookies. I made five jars... but gave away two to friends who walked in as was making this delicious treat. They said they could smell it down the street. A slight exaggeration I think . But...I may have to make more
I also made some mini Cranberry and Orange Muffins for MrD to take to work
I also made the  perfect warming start to a cold Autumn morning... Crockpot Pumpkin Oatmeal. I prepped it the night before so MrD enjoyed a bowl before work the next morning! So yummy and full of pumpkin spice goodness. 

Crockpot Pumpkin Oatmeal


1 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
2 c. whole milk
1 c. water
1 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
pinch of kosher salt
Toasted chopped pecans or walnuts, for serving

  • Dump the oats, spices, milk, pumpkin, and honey in the crockpot and give it a stir. 
  • Cover and set to cook overnight on low for 8 hours.
  • Top with pecans, additional maple syrup, or a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice if you desire.
I had no pecans so used walnuts...which went perfectly with no calorie Maple Walnut Syrup

Love and Hugs 
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment