Tuesday 9 November 2021

Good News!...

Teal Tuesday and its that time again... A reminder on Ovarian Cancer symptoms for you....and tests... doctors visits and examinations for me. And so far everything is looking great..
Last Friday I stood in line for over two hours for blood tests.... absolutely not my favourite thing in the world..but really the thought of it is worse than the actual process. And I must say..I dont know what she did... but this time I didnt feel a thing. Although...I was mildly surprised that she actually left any blood in my arm!
 
I had my first visit with my new oncologist... and shes absolutely lovely. Dr Patel is so kind and friendly...and very chatty. She put me at ease straight away. And the good news is everything is looking great. When I went into remission..I was told the cancer could come back in a year...it never happened! Then I was told I there was a five year life expectancy! Dr Patel said it looks very unlikely... and infact everything looks so good... she has moved my appointments from four monthly to six. She said I was a lucky lady.. but I dont think luck had anything to do with it. Its down to amazing doctors..early enough detection...and my unshakable Faith in the Lord.
So all thats left this week is a mammogram on Thursday.. and another appointment with the GP on Friday to review all the blood tests.. and possibly sort out this acid reflux I have developed and the cough and breathlessness that is still lingering.

Getting older brings its own problems... but Im very blessed that Im still able and agile..and will be around longer than they thought.

I am very grateful

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

4 comments:

  1. Awesome news, Phoebe! Yes, indeed...getting old(er) brings so many other problems, grin. I hope you have a beautiful rest of the week. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God!! I remember praying for you during your treatment! SO thankful you are doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news. Praising God with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your healing is a blessing from God. He is a good good Father. If you find good treatment and prevention for acid reflux please post about or leave info on my blog as I am dealing with this.

    ReplyDelete