Tuesday 24 September 2024

Tuesday Meme ~ Happy Autumn

I havent  done a question and answer post for a while..so lets do Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4...
Sunday September 22 was the Autumnal Equinox, the first day of the Autumn season, so today's questions are about autumn.

1. Are there pumpkins or chrysanthemums on your porch or are you planning on putting some out?


I would love to have mums on my front porch... but MrD is in the middle of revamping it. Im hoping in a week or so I can put some out...along with a few Halloween decorations. Til then I will just have to make do with pictures from last year

2. What seasonal changes are you noticing in your part of the world? What would you add or take away?

Not much of  an Autumn right now... no beautiful fall leaves or chilly breezes. The temperatures are still in the upper 90s... but the days are definitely shorter and its cooler in the evenings. And... we did have an amazing thunderstorm last week. I would like to have the temperatures more fall-like, I guess we will just have to wait

3. Is pumpkin pie on the menu for you this fall? How about pumpkin spice or pumpkin latte coffee flavors? Are you a fan? Spiced teas? What do you like?

Before moving to the US 10 years ago I had never had pumpkin... now I love it. So of course there will be pie... and I am already having the occasional Pumpkin Spice Latte. MrD on the other hand isnt quite a fan...and will stick to anything with chocolate.. Although...he does rather like my Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes....    

4. If there was a free week long tour of New England, complete with peak colors and a trip to Plymouth, Massachusetts (the colony site with historical players), would you come along? If that doesn't suit, where would you like to go for your Autumn trip?
I would love to see New England in the fall, but I would much rather go back to "Old England" and spend it with my grandchildren enjoying the cold crisp air... taking them to a pumpkin patch and carving their spoils. Just a couple more years and that will be a reality

That's all for this Tuesday 4 post. Have a good week!

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment