Monday 26 November 2018

Whats for Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday


Thanksgiving over... its time to start preparing for Christmas. Over the next few days, the Fall decorations will be coming down and the Christmas ones going up. No lights will be switched on until the 3rd of December... the 14th anniversary of my dear Mothers death. My mother adored Christmas... so its the tradition that the Christmas lights will be switched on on that date in celebration of her life. Mind you...my week is so busy it will take me that long to organise it all

Today...its my lovely walking partners birthday...so we are having lunch out.. then she is leaving me for a week to visit Seattle. So I will be walking alone...and a bit later than 5.30am. Then this afternoon MrD and I have dentist appointments.. So dinner is leftovers of the weekend curry.. Theres plenty for him and a small dish for me if I'm peckish.

Thursday is Bible study and Fellowship at the church.. and in the afternoon I have a hospital appointment with my oncology surgeon. Its just a check up and I'm sure everything will be good.

The rest of the week will be taken up with baking (got to use up that leftover turkey in a couple of pies), decorating, stitching and getting the Christmas parcel ready to go to the Uk next week. So a bit of wrapping and card writing is on the agenda

A busy week indeed...but I just love it at this time of year


Weekly Plan - 26th November 2018
 
Monday             Turkey Curry Leftovers


Tuesday              Beef Tacos


Wednesday        Turkey Pot Pie, Mashed Potatoes


Thursday           Baked Ham. Cauliflower and Vegetable Cheese, Baked Potatoes

Friday                
Homemade Pizza


Saturday            Day Out with Hubby

Sunday               Butternut Squash Soup, Home made Bread



5 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet tradition to switch on the lights to honor your mother. My house right now is a combination of Thanksgiving and Christmas but like you will slowly turn wintery as time goes on. Have a good time with your friend at lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you honour your Mom by putting on the lights on her birthday.
    I hope your week goes well. Take care, G.M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tradition about turning on the lights!
    Meals sound good at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tradition to remember your mom!! I love that!! Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your tradition honoring your mom!
    Praying for good report at the Dr!

    ReplyDelete