Tuesday 27 November 2018

Food....Food...and More Food

Yesterday I celebrated my lovely walking partners birthday with lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.
We both chose from the Skinnylicious menu.... 
so we didnt feel so guilty choosing a dessert.
Her's came with the obligatory lit candle
As she has now left me for a week..I got out there at 6am this morning for a quick walk..
just as the sun was coming up. 
No filters were needed to capture the pretty sky

Then I headed home with big plans for what I needed to do today...and what  busy day it turned out to be.. Its time to change from Fall to Winter

First I stripped the bed and washed all the covers, replacing it with our Christmasy ones. Then I headed for the kitchen and living room and took down and stored all the Fall stuff. It all looks so bare

Now.... MrD was going to pull down all the Christmas storage box's when he got home... but impatient me... I struggled and got them myself. I rearranged the furniture to make room for the tree. Its funny how a house suddenly looks messy with a load of boxes. Bare no more!. But the day was going fast and so I just piled the boxes in the corner.. and got myself into the kitchen. 
First I made a bowl of shortcrust pastry..and while it rested in the fridge... I stripped down what was left of the turkey, got rid of the carcass(at last),  and made a tasty pot pie filling
With the pastry nice and chilled... I made a couple of pies..and of course I had to give them a festive touch. I had pastry leftover... so Im keeping it yo make something on Friday 

Tomorrow I'm getting stuck into getting the Christmas decorations done. It usually takes me a week.. but I'm planning to get them up by the weekend...

Wish me Luck

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I want food now... your food!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy day! I love pot pies but rarely think to make them. I love your festive touches on your pastry.

    ReplyDelete