Monday 19 November 2018

Whats For Dinner? ~ Meal Plan Monday


Its Thanksgiving week...yay! Its time to start preparing for our Thanksgiving Meal. This week I will be making the cranberry sauce and stuffing in advance of the big day...and will even attempt the Pumpkin Pie. When do you start your prep?
Today is a bittersweet day for me. Its exactly four years since I left my home in Wales, and travelled over 5,000 miles to start my new life in the US. It is a decision I have never regretted... even tho I miss my children and grandbabies. Thank goodness for Facetime!
It is also the anniversary of my fathers death, Its been twelve years...and I still think about him every day. He was a wonderful, kind and funny man..and it gives me comfort to know I will see him again one day. Thank you for everything Dad...love you x
The menu plan is easy this week.... The bolognese and chili are already made and are in the freezer...  And of course Turkey dominates the end of the week We have a 15lb bird and there's only two of us...so Im guessing we will be getting plenty of meals from it.

Weekly Plan - 19th November 2018
 
Monday             Spaghetti Bolognese


Tuesday             Chicken Tacos


Wednesday       Chili


Thursday           Thanksgiving! Turkey and all the trimmings!

Friday                
Turkey Day Leftovers


Saturday            Turkey Curry

Sunday               Day Out With Hubby

2 comments:

  1. Nice photo of you and of your dad. I know he would be proud of you.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing your photos! Your meal plan sounds perfect for Thanksgiving week! I miss my folks, especially during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete