Thursday 29 November 2018

Christmas Prep...and Cake Box Fudge Brownie Cookies

The decorating is going well.. and Im on track to be finished by the weekend. MrD keeps calling me to check that I haven fallen off the ladder and broken a hip. Seriously...its three steps high.. but its kinda nice that he cares about me that much to worry. He says to wait til he gets home.. but seeing as hes working twelve hour days...when he comes home I just want him to rest. The only thing I asked him to do is to help me put the tree together..as its quite heavy...and connecting all the wires is confusing. Its looking pretty and begging to be fluffed out and decorated
In the midst of it all...I had to stop and make some cookies for our Bible study and church fellowship ... and MrD of course.

I was never a fan of cake box mixes. I have always baked from scratch. But honestly.. these cookies are the best....and MrD's absolute favourites. They are soft and chewy on the inside ...and I bake them a bit longer so the outside is a bit crunchy. They are incredibly easy to make but be warned tho... I find these cookies spread a bit... but its no biggie

 Cake Box Fudge Brownie Cookies

1 (18.3 ounce) package Chewy Fudge Brownie mix
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons water
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). 
  • Lightly grease a baking sheet.
  • Combine brownie mix, flour, oil, water, eggs, and chocolate chips in a large bowl. 
  • Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
  • Bake in preheated oven until cookies are just set, about 9 minutes. 
  • Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

8 comments:

  1. I had to smile, my Mr D is always calling out to me too..."are you okay in there?" lol...it's just a step stool. But like you, I'm blessed that he cares and if I don't answer he comes running, well almost running. How about a fast walk. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done a lot of climbing on the ladder lately...but try to be extra careful. I know you do too! Beautiful decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband does the same thing, always calling to say "Are you okay?" I know he loves me. But it bugs me too. Lol. Your cookies look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been told NOT to get up on chairs or step ladders too after taking a few bad falls. It's so hard to have to wait until someone is available to help though.

    I have 2 Brownie mixes on hand and I just went to check and they're only 10 ounce boxes so I can't make those cookies just yet. Thanks for including the recipe though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my those cookies sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cookies look yummy! I LOVE your tree! It is so full and real looking! Hard to find in artificial trees. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby is always telling me to just wait and do things when he's here so he can help too. We have good guys! Your tree is pretty and the cookies sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cookies look delicious and they look easy to make. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete