Thursday 8 November 2018

Perfect Pineapple Upside Down Cake...Well Hubby Thinks So....

Hubby was so good looking after me when I was feeling poorly over the weekend. He came back from church on Sunday with a gift of flowers.. an inspiring card... and a can of chicken noodle soup!. Bless him! 
So..to show my appreciation... I made his favourite dessert Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

This recipe is one I have used for years... and I think MrD loves it...cos its nearly all gone. I guess I should buy more pineapple....

Pineapple Upside Down Cake.


1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
9 slices pineapple in juice (from 20-oz can), drained
9 maraschino cherries without stems, if desired
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 egg

  • Heat oven to 350°F
  • In 9-inch square pan, melt butter in oven.
  • Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter. 
  • Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar
  • Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice. (If they are big just halve them)
  • In medium bowl, beat sugar and butter together with electric mixer on low 
  • Add the milk and egg and beat again
  • Add all the dry ingredients and beat together for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. 
  • Pour batter over pineapple and cherries
  • Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 
  • Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan
  • Turn plate and pan over. 
  • Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake
  • Remove pan. 
  • Lovely served warm. 
  • Store cake loosely covered....if it lasts that long

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

4 comments:

  1. I used to make pineapple upside down cake often when the kids still lived at home. It's been a while since since the last time though. One of my sons loved the taste but not the pineapple. He'd peel it off and give it to another bro. Funny memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look perfect, Ginny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack...I can't believe I did that. It says right there at the to PHOEBE'S world! Sorry.

      Delete
  3. I haven't made one of these in a long time! Yum! Thanks for the recipe to try!!

    ReplyDelete