Friday 23 June 2017

Seriously...Im Just An Old Windbag

This may be a very waffley and long winded post today as Im feeling a bit unwell after yesterdays chemo...and when Im tired I tend to talk a load of rubbish...so please bear with me. 

I felt ok after the treatment... so hubby and I stopped at our favourite Mexican restaurant on the way home for dinner. I had my favourite Arroz con Camarones Y Pollo (Chicken and Shrimp with onions and peppers on a bed of rice)
 ....and MrD had Carne Asada.( marinated steak) 

Very poor pics Im afraid because of the lighting..but it all looked delicious..As soon as I started eating I knew something wasnt right. It had no taste and was almost metallicy....and for a semi spicy dish that wasnt right. I tasted my drink and that was the same. So I guess what I was warned is happening..my taste buds are changing. I brought it home...as I thought I would eat it today..but in the fridge it stays. I hope wont affect the Ben and Jerrys thats shouting me from the freezer which I intend to try when I feel a bit brighter

The treatment yesterday didnt go particularly well. Even though I had taken all the extra steroids.. a few minutes after starting the infusion...the pain started again. So we had to stop while the pain subsided and nurse Sue went to phone Dr Phan...He was quite disappointed. (Sit in my chair doctor )

When she came back she said we would try it again. really slowly and increase the speed every fifteen minutes to see how much I could tolerate. If I couldnt tolerate a high enough speed they would have to stop that med for the day and just give me the second milder one...and next time they would give me a different chemo, She also added she never liked this med Taxol because of the side affects... Gee thanks Sue! But she did cheer me up when she told me that it was made out of Christmas trees!! They are not the problem...the solvent it is mixed with gives the side effects. I love Christmas and it must have given me a bit of a boost.. because during this time I was on a Facebook group chat with my auntie and a few of my cousins...and a conversation ensued which I would like to share... 

Me.. "So they started me out crawl speed.. increased to walking... then to a push bike.. I'm now going on a motorbike.. The images I'm getting are wonderful. I told them they could stop when they get to a Porsche ."
Lots of hearts filled the screen..and the pain stayed away. A while later I continued with the conversation..and I really dont know where my mind was but I was actually feeling a little elated
"I'm still on the motorbike... it's blue with chrome trim... and it has ape style handle bars... all I need now is a volunteer for the side car... and we could be the "Two Fat Ladies" .. I already look like the little dumpy one.... Cruisin' Baby ...." 
More hearts filled the screen... and just one comment...from the star of our family ...our wonderful aunt who has "Janisms"..and brought me back to earth with a small bump and a laugh as she asked
"What the hell are they pumping into you ?????"
And then she asked
How many more hours have you got to go?
I replied that they had just changed to the second med and it would be an hour...so she asked
"Are you going by car or motor bike, just checking"

The point of telling this is to show you what a wonderful family I have. They keep telling me Im brave and strong and a fighter...but where do they think I get it from. They encourage..and support .. and show great faith and love in me... and make me laugh. Just receiving hearts constantly in messenger now..even with no words...shows how much they care and are thinking of me. My amazing family have made me this way. I love you all 

Oh and by the way... no more Taxol for me... Im having a different chemo next time. I will have to find another way of keeping Christmas in me. Perhaps pull a cracker or two and wear a paper hat.

Ps...I told you I talk rubbish when Im tired 

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry I missed these posts! Your family is awesome! Humor and encouragement help everything!

    ReplyDelete