Saturday 3 June 2017

An Inspiration

I have always said that cancer has no respect for age, gender, race or wealth..and will touch us all at least once in our lifetime. I was reminded of this yesterday when hubby and I attended a Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser for 12 year old Gordin, the grandson of some friends of ours. What they thought was just simple eyesight problems turned out to be a rare form of brain cancer. His whole family have had to relocate 500 miles so he can be treated at The LA Childrens hospital...
It was so good to see so many people attend..and the family were overwhelmed with gratitude at the response. So many people turned up there was a line waiting to get in. And a great time was had by all even though the food had to be served in smaller portions but hey were big enough...and of course I couldnt have salad...but then it wasnt about the food
Gordin is so upbeat. Happy ..smiley and chatting to people as he sold raffle tickets.. he helped his grandpa shave his head in support just before the event...and I must say they look better in their Beanies than I do in my polka dot scarf..

Hes a little trooper.,, and my prayers are with him for a speedy recovery

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment