Thursday 10 March 2016

Completing The Set...

Im always inspired when I see people write about their marvellous thrift shop finds...and always disappointed when I can never seem to find anything in the very few thrift shops we have locally

When I was out walking yesterday...I suddenly had the urge to go go into the Goodwill I was passing..and boy was I glad I did..

I was so pleased to find a little milk jug and lidded sugar bowl that were a match to the beautiful dinner set hubby bought me a few weeks ago

There was not a chip or mark on them...and at $1.99 each they were a bargain

They complete the tea set perfectly... and look lovely in my dresser

And of course...I can now take my afternoon tea break in style

No more complaints about Thrift Shops from me again....well for now anyway!!

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x




14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful find. I also love to shop thrift stores. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! What is the name of the pattern? I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its Fine Bohemian China, Mealanie...and the design is 'Maria'. I saw it in an antique mall a few weeks ago and it was half price. My lovely hubby bought it for me x

      Delete
  3. What a terrific find...love the shape and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Schotzy..I think its lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful pattern, and how nice to find some extra pieces for your set. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely treasure to come across in a thrift shop. They are my favorite place to find wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so pretty! So glad you checked that store out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely find. I say Never go past a thrift store without popping in to see if there's a treasure waiting just for you. ( I love all sorts of dishes but the ones with flowers are my favourites).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get into more thrift stores. I rarely find anything in my little town. I love your finds and oh so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful blessing to find the exact two pieces you needed to complete your set! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Vintage Charm, Phoebe and we hope to see you again :) (PS We visited northern Wales a few years ago and love it.)

    ReplyDelete