Monday 18 October 2021

Whats for Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday

Its a chilly start to the week... a bit of a surprise because last week the temps were in the 90's. Because we live in the hills here in So Cal.. it does get cold overnight.. and we have been told it even gets frosty during the winter.  With the daily differing temps..we best get our flu shots because we dont want to start with the sniffles. I also think comforting soups, stews and casseroles can now be added to my menus...as its just the weather for it.

This week I will be entering the last year of my fifties. I cant really get my head around it. I dont feel any older..and my school days are as clear as if they were yesterday. My life has been full of ups and downs...but I have always put my trust in the Lords Plan for me and am now blessed with the most wonderful life. A bit of Faith goes a long way! As does a smile...and I smile a lot

So the plans for this week are many and varied... starting with the final bit of canning and some baking. I have been gifted with another bag of apples...so I think some apple sauce is on the cards..and an apple dessert is a must. Thursday we are having my birthday dinner out.. Friday is my first meeting with our new GP for a medical and hopefully he will arrange for an oncologist so my four month check ups can resume. I also need to try and sort this cough and breathlessness out for good...as its getting a bit frustrating. Then Saturday we have a Marriage Conference at our church... although I dont know what to expect but Im sure it will be enjoyable. And finally another trip to a pumpkin farm...a bit of a surprise as I thought we were done... but MrD seems to be enjoying the season.

Have a great week everyone x

Weekly Plan - 18th October 2021
 
Monday             Potato Topped Steak and Vegetable Pie, Cabbage


Tuesday             Chicken Taco Salad, Spanish Rice


Wednesday        Crockpot Pork Chops and Onion Gravy, Mashed Potato, Corn


Thursday           
Birthday Dinner

Friday                
Fish and Chips...UK style

Saturday            Stuffed Cheese Burgers

Sunday               Chili Mac and Cheese

1 comment:

  1. I am nearing 70 (I will be 69 in March) and it surely boggles my mind that I got here so fast! Happy birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete