Saturday 30 October 2021

Monthly Shopping...

So, my lists are all ready and my money off coupons are sorted. Its time for the monthly shop and its going to be a big one. The monthly meal plans are done and I have a list of the baking I have to get done for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Back in Wales.. November would also include Bonfire Night... with Treacle Toffee , a nice big stew...and toffee apples. But I dont have to think about that here. All week I have been scouring the net and pouring over leaflets comparing the supermarket prices looking for the cheapest deals. I have worked out how much things should come to...with a bit extra in a separate purse just in case I come across a bargain I haven't accounted for and is too good to leave. Not long ago it was butter for 25c...I bought a load and froze it.
I also have my list of people I need to get Christmas presents for. I have another purse with Christmas money in, just in case I see something pretty and reasonably priced. But this year... I wont be buying much here. I have kept most of  the money in my bank savings... and I will transfer some to my children in a week or so and they can get the presents I choose for the granchildren...saving me hundreds in postage. I can also steer clear of the card aisle. I bought all my Christmas cards, wrapping paper and gift tags in the after Christmas sales.
In the kitchen, the cupboards are sorted and the pantry has had a good clean, plus a fresh coat of paint. It didnt really need it but I wont be doing it again for quite a while. All the items have been date checked, though nothing is out of date because of my strict rotation system
The freezers have also been cleaned out and sorted so there's now loads of room for the food I'm going to buy and the meals I'm going to prepare next week.
I quite like shopping, especially looking for bargains. I'm careful not to fall into the buy one get one free trap. I only buy if I know I can use both and I always check the price.  Although... I dont see BOGOF very often where I live.
I always check the reduced items too. In supermarkets  fruit, veg, bread, meat and dairy products are taken off the shelves on their sell by date, not use by date. I always buy anything that can be frozen
So, with the Bags for Life safely stored in the car, we're off. It's going to be a long, busy day. I just hope it will all fit in the truck!!

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment