Friday 29 October 2021

Are You Ever Too Old?..

This is not the post I was going to write today... but at 2.30 this morning after seeing MrD off to work.. I was enjoying my coffee whilst scrolling through my Fb feed (like you do) and I came across this post in a group I belong to... and I felt a bit miffed. The question she asked was this..(copied and pasted)
"Can someone please tell me when it became ok for older people to dye there hair in bright or pastel colors????? Like, why, just why?"


One of the replies started and ended like this..."Honestly I think it’s just that the teens who were dying their hair crazy in the 90s are in their 40s now.... If it brings them joy and doesn’t harm anyone, I say let them be silly."

Well...first things first.... its "their" not "there"

Secondly.. What the Heck!!!

Thirdly... When did 40 become old?

And lastly... my comment.. and just to let you know...Im normally a reader... a liker... an ignorer if I dont like the post... and I rarely comment..

But today for some reason.. I felt compelled to reply... which I probably shouldnt have. So.. basically I wrote...

"As an “older” person.. I think the answer is..because we want to… and why not . We are old but not dead yet.. and what right is it if anyone else to judge. It causes no one else any harm… and quite frankly the fact you ask this question is sad. During the 60s and 70s when I was growing up ..it was normal to see older ladies with a Blue Rinse’. Throughout life I was taught many things.. judge ye not lest ye be judged.. don’t judge a book by its cover.. and it’s not what the wrapping looks like.. it’s the precious gift inside that matters."

I dont know why it got to me....daft really...and very early in the morning, Maybe its because I am pushing 60... and is someone who lost her hair to cancer. The other day we saw a group of young ladies with an arry of different colour hair. In fact my sons girlfriend has blue hair..or is it pink...or purple right now....I cant keep up. Any way she looks beautiful. I said to MrD..."if you cant do it when you're young...when can you do it? Well..fake blond is a about as far as I will go... But I think I answered my own question... when ever you darn well want... even if others think its silly. As my mother used to say...you are a long time dead!

Be yourself... be fabulous... and dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

Thoughts?

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

3 comments:

  1. I agree...if not when you're young, when?! Besides, so many use cool aid and it washes out. It makes it so easy to change colors and doesn't harm your hair. If you notice most women over 60 that dye their hair, they are blond. Nothing wrong with that. I think we need to be kinder to one another and not so judge mental. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! I don't do it to me hair (I'm early fifties) but I love to see older women with purple/blue/pink hair - and I always compliment them on it. I bet half of them wouldn't have had the nerve to do it in their 20s - so let them enjoy it now! And more importantly - women should be lifting up other women!

    ReplyDelete