Monday 28 December 2020

Whats For Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday


The last Monday of 2020...and what a wonderfully wet morning it is here in So Cal. I was woken in the the middle of the night by long..loud rumbling thunder... the kind that you can feel in the depth of your stomach. I lay awake listening to the crashing noise and torential rain on the window. After months and months of drought.. it was an amazing sound. And its still raining... and I love it!

We are in the limbo time between Christmas and New Year... and I only know what day it is because MrD went back to work this morning. So its almost like an ordinary week... with a late night thrown in on Thursday.. when we will try to stay awake til midnight..try being the opportune word. Methinks Im getting too old... and I must remember Im not 30 anymore. After starting my Christmas Eve at 1.30 in the morning... and not going to bed until midnight after Facetiming the UK... and then being  up early Christmas morning.. I finally crashed after lunch and felt pretty awful... Dont think I will be doing that again next year... even though I enjoyed every second of it.

So no major plans this week. Just a catchup on the housework and laundry.. and enjoy the remainder of the Christmas Season... and try to stay away from the mound of chocolate we have leftover. 

Here's this weeks menu..

Monday              Kung Pao Chicken, Rice and Stir Fry Vegetables

Tuesday              Mexican Meatball Soup


Wednesday         Turkey Pot Pie

Thursday            Crockpot Four Cheese Ravioli Lasagne

Friday                 Lamb Chops, Minted Potatoes, Peas and Gravy

Saturday             Chargrilled Hawaiian Chicken Burgers

Sunday                Homemade Celery Soup, Crusty Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment