Thursday 3 December 2020

The Brightest Stars..

 December 3rd...and the lights go on for Mum
Its a bitter sweet day as Christmas is so close but for the woman who loved the season so much..it is a tribute she would appreciate. I think we have enough lights for all of us to share as we remember the strong, wise woman who ruled with a rod of iron and who only once found the words to say "I love you" ..but showed it every second.. of every day.. with every thing she did.
After sixteen years it still hurts my heart that I never got to say a real goodbye. She and dad had travelled for a pre Christmas visit to my brother and his family in Lincoln. Before she left.. she called me with the usual instructions to stay safe.. have a firm hand with the kids... and remember to go check the house and cats every day. 
Then she shocked me by saying how proud she was of me.. for working hard..and the way I was single handedly raising the kids.. In all my life she had never told me that she was proud of me... and I brushed it off with a "see you in a few days.. love you!" And for the first and last time... she said "I love you too"
She passed suddenly while talking to to my brother in the garden.
Mum....These lights are for you...
One of the brightest stars in Heaven

Love you Always xx


***With a heavy heart I write a quick add to the post.*** 
Yesterday another star joined mum in heaven. My beloved auntie passed into Eternity.. No doubt my Dad..her big brother was waiting to welcome her home. 

Rest in Peace Auntie Trish..

1 comment: