Wednesday 23 December 2020

Christmas Baking...

Christmas Eve tomorrow...already! I love this season so much... why is it going so fast?. Hopefully MrD will have the day off...depending how much work he can get through today
My plan for today is to finish the Christmas baking. Yesterday I made Mince Pies.. both with pastry and crumble toppings.. and overfilled of course..
Thumbprint Cookies..filled with the strawberry jam and lemon curd I made in the summer... 
and Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods... even though the white chocolate drizzle is wonky cos it was too thick. I sent some to work with MrD this morning for him to share with his workmates.. keeping plenty for Santa
Today Im making a Baileys Chocolate Poke Cake for MrDs Christmas Day Dessert. Im not a drinker so dont like the taste..so I will stick with my little Christmas Pudding with Birds Custard.. (ahhh memories of my childhood Christmas's). Thank you Caroline for sending me some
And then... at 2am tomorrow.. I will be Facetiming my Baking Granddaughter to make our traditional Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies... just like I used to do every year with her Mummy. I have even sent her a little Christmas apron to wear for the occasion.. which matches the one I have made for myself. She has been so busy already helping make Christmas treats.... and helping to eat them too...
Just because we are 5,000 miles apart.. in a world filled with madness.. dosnt mean we cant keep our traditions.. even if we have to change them slightly.. and make new ones

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment