Friday 4 December 2020

Its Where?...

Well.. Sometimes things dont quite go to plan.. Today MrD and I were going to finish our gift shopping.. and he left work early so we could go to our local mall. But.. our new fireplace was due to be delivered so we couldnt go til it arrived.

I stayed in all day waiting for the van...and kept checking for a delivery time.. but it just kept saying delivering soon. I wasnt too worried as the mall dosnt close til 9pm. MrD came home... and we waited.. had homemade pizza.. and waited.. 

Then at 6.15.. the delivery status changed.... to Pending?? So...Mr D called the delivery service... and...
my fireplace is in Illinois.. over 2000 miles away!!
They apologised.. said they would investigate... and call us by 11am tomorrow... so we shall see what happens. Its disappointing.. but not the end of the world... and Christmas is still happening...Santa will just have to use the door!
But what is it with my "stuff'' not wanting to come to their new home? When I first arrived in America.. my luggage had decided to spend a few days in Paris.. then onto a small vacation in Salt Lake City.. (Thanks Delta Airlines). But is was fun looking for new clothes for a couple of weeks.
Im still getting great enjoyment from the season. And Im loving the memories Im getting from looking at my Christmas ornaments. Every year..as my children were growing up... one of the traditions was for each of the children to buy an new ornament for the tree. 
I still have many of them and cherish every one...including..of course.. Sammy...a bit more tatty.. but back for the 22nd year.
Traditions are so important.. 
and you don’t realize how much they will touch your heart until years later

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment