Tuesday 1 December 2020

Keeping Traditions...

So.... the decorations are all done.. except for the new fireplace that is arriving Friday. All the lights have been checked ready for the switch on Thursday. And of course pride of place on my tree.. is Sammy.. made so long ago by my then 4 yr old daughter.. out of a toilet roll and cotton wool.
With the children growing up.. having children of their own ..and me moving so far away, things have changed over the years, but I still try to keep the Christmas traditions going. But one thing I miss is the children decorate the tree, with a bit of help from Mum at the end...just in case. Now its all me... and Im so nostalgic for those days
But the more things change.. the more things stay the same. 
Over 25 years ago.. my boys decorated the tree...
As years passed it was left to Miss C.. Now... my grandbabies have the honour 
The traditions continue... and it warms my heart...
and takes away the bit of emptiness I feel this time of year

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment