Thursday 16 April 2020

The Human Face of Coronavirus

This is not the post I was intending for today...as its a sad one

Yesterday we lost an old friend to the terrible Covid-19.. and it has put a real face to this virus
After working for almost 40 years in the Uks NHS.. Andrew Treble had retired, but returned to help his fellow colleagues in Wrexham Maelor Hospital during this crisis

I had bumped into him a few times since leaving school.. and he was the same lovely kind gentleman I remembered all those years ago. I havent seen him for a long time.. but he left a lasting impression.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family... who asked that when the UK clapped for the NHS tonight... they remembered this true life Hero... 

And at 12 oclock today.... I did

RIP Andy..

Phoebe x

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that your friend died due to this awful virus. So sad for his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. It does make it very real.
    Last Saturday my Dad's neighbor, who had lived next to them for 45 years passed of Covid. I used to babysit their kids. He was 75 but no health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you lost your friend. What a wonderful man to help those who needed him. SO many losing their lives while helping others who are sick! Prayers for this family! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sad to see this. May his memory be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss! I clapped for the NHS on Thursday and nest week, I'll be sure to clap for your dear friend also. My prayers go out to you!💜

    ReplyDelete