Thursday 25 July 2019

Books ..Beaches.. and Zucchini Bread

It was another full day for me. Its actually rained here this morning.. and I thought our church ladies study group in the park would be cancelled. But like little troopers.. armed with a couple of gazebos... most of the ladies showed up.. And its a great book we are reading...so Im glad it went ahead  


I think the UK has stolen our weather.
Its unusually hot over there right now
My daughter sent some photos of Little Miss enjoying time on the beach... 
I got them just as my Facebook memories popped up.. 
coincidence??
 What a difference a year makes!


The Zucchini Bread turned out really good. Its not too sweet.. and it had the right amount of chocolate chips and nuts. MrD cut himself a slice even before it was cool. I will definitely be making it again. 

Now...what shall I do with all the leftover Zucchini ?

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread


3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon orange zest
whipped cream or butter to serve
  • Preheat oven at 350 °F. 
  • Grease (2) 9 by 5-inch loaf pans.
  • Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda.
  • In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
  • Add sugar, and continue beating until well blended.
  • Stir in oil, orange juice vanilla, zucchini, pecans, chocolate chips and orange zest.
  • Stir in sifted ingredients.
  • Pour into prepared loaf pans
  • Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
  • Remove loaves from pans and cool.
  • Chill before slicing.
  • Serve with whipped cream ... 
or butter and cold milk like hubby

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Phoebe! I am so glad to see you again. I guess there was a kink in seeing your posts for awhile and now I need to do some serious catching up on what you have been up to!
    That bread looks delicious and I know it must smell heavenly!
    Your Little Miss is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a year makes a big difference. CUTE!

    I like zucchini bread better than banana bread!!
    My zucchini bread doesn't have chocolate chips in it, but it sounds like it would be great. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather in England has been hot that's for certain. I went to to the Felixstowe beach for a swim with my family as temperatures reached a high of 37°c. It was ridiculous! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Miss is just adorable!
    I love zucchini bread, looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete