Thursday 20 September 2018

Thankful...

Today our Church Ladies Bible Study started a new topic Jesus In the Old Testament..as we learn of the unfolding drama of Redemption weaving through all the Scriptures and how Jesus  has always been present and active in Gods unfolding plan
It should be interesting....
So I have my file set up and ready.. and of course I had to pretty it up a bit

I am so Thankful for the Fellowship I have with these wonderful women at these meetings. None of us are perfect...but we strive every day to be the best person we can be. And this gift of togetherness is so important to me, 

I am thankful for so many things... my husband....family...friends... But above all I am Thankful for my Saviour Jesus Christ. Why? Three simple reasons..

He Made Me
He Saved Me
He Sustains Me

As simple as that

Just one more thing.. I dont know what your thoughts are on religion. There are so many differing ideas. I look at it as not being a religion.. but making a connection... and having a relationship with the Lord.. and Im hungry to learn all I can. It brings me peace and joy, thus making it a very happy life. I was asked yesterday why I was wasting my time going to church and doing all this praying and bible study. This person actually said there is no God... when you die...thats all there is.. nada... zero...nothing more..

My reply... 

Well if thats all there is... when I die... I wont know about it.. so who cares?
But what if its true..and The Lord is waiting for me... how will I feel if I havent done enough?

And for me...thats all there is...nothing more

Love and Hugs
A Jar Full of Marigolds


3 comments:

  1. Hi Phoebe, I was so surprised to see a comment from you on my blog!! I had come to the conclusion that you had stopped blogging at one point but now, reading some back posts I see you've had to go through some hard times. May God bless you and keep you always in His care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your folder... so beautiful & creative!!!
    I hate the word religious. I DESPISE when people say, "oh you're religious?".. .no, I have a relationship with Jesus - that's it. Religion is the basis of a lot of wars & disagreements.... you can't fault me for my relationship with the one who saves my soul! ;)
    Thanks for linking up with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on having a relationship with God!
    Our ladies at church did a study last year on finding Jesus in the Old testament and we all really enjoyed it, and learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete