Saturday 15 September 2018

My New Ride...and a NSV

True to his word..and in an effort to take the strain off my foot.. MrD went out and got me an exercise bike.They have come a long way from the ones I remember 20 or so years ago. It will take me a couple of days to understand all the buttons on it. But as long as I can get on it and peddle that's all that matters
I haven't lost any weight this week... which is understandable..but I haven't put on. But.. I had a NSV (non scale victory) that made me cry. 

While looking for some exercise leggings, I spotted that jeans were on sale. MrD told me to take a look, but I indignantly told him they all had zips...and for over thirty years I have been wearing elasticated waists. But with his encouragement I reluctantly decided to try..and took three pairs of different sizes to the changing room. And what do you know... they not only went up over my thighs, hips and belly..but the zip and button fastened easily... And the size? Well..at my biggest back in the Uk ..when I was so ill with unhappiness and depression... I was a size...wait for it... 32/34UK or 28/30US. These new jeans... drum roll.. size 20UK or size 16US. Ok...I still have a long way to go...but seriously.. zipped jeans!!
I'm a happy girl

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your successful weight loss! So glad MrD persuaded you to try on those jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good for you! I fight weight too, so I totally get your joy at this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete