Tuesday 11 September 2018

Limp Along Cassidy....

Another great day with my walking partner..and I think I may have broken my record for steps. It’s just as well .. as it’s the last time I will be going on a long walk for a while. Doctors orders!
Apparently I have been pushing myself and walking on a sprained ankle. Bit daft I know.. but hey.. I just pushed myself through cancer! I’ve never been one to let a bit of pain hold me back. But I agree I need.. regrettably.. to take it easy for a while. I have to rest my foot for about a week and let it heal.. then I can try long walks again. But if.. as he suspects.. I am starting with a bit of arthritis in it.. I may have to find alternative exercise.

He has suggested cycling (hmm), swimming ( oh boy me in a bathing suit!!!) or elliptical machine (no comment) I’m feeling very disappointed. One of the main reasons why I love walking is being outside in the fresh air. The other.. I love taking photos.. especially now the season seems to be changing
Oh well.. hopefully it’s just for a short time... and it’s not the end of the world. And in the meantime.. my lovely MrD is looking into getting me an exercise bike tomorrow. That way I can hopefully keep on track. And I think I need to start looking for a gym
My journey to health  continues.. but maybe not on foot

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment