Friday 24 November 2017

Food Glorious Food!! (or..Eating Leftovers til Christmas..)

Thanksgiving was just as we wanted. At home... just the two of us.. relaxing and giving thanks for getting through the past year.
The food was plentiful but we didn't eat too much so we have lots of leftovers... we hardly made a dent in that 22lb turkey. I even burnt my finger getting ot out of the oven.. not badly I may add
The Green Bean Casserole turned out really well. MrD loved it..especially as I added extra cheese and bacon  
This morning MrD was still too full for breakfast so had a homemade Chocolate Fudge Cookie and a coffee. Baking again is going to be a dieting downfall... I will have to ease up in the New Year

The best part of today was getting to Skype with the birthday boy himself who was so excited about his party yesterday. I am blessed to be his Nana
    
We took our annual compulsory photo.. reluctantly. I'm looking very podgy... but you can see I have hair and eyebrows now. I have come to the conclusion that maybe this is not the right time of year for dieting... even tho I really really need to lose that extra weight again. But I am really not in the right frame of mind. I kinda feel that I spent so many months in pain, being sick and fighting the cancer I am so tired. This time of year is for the three F's... Fun, Food and Fellowship..( I guess you could add fat to that list!!) Dwelling on my weight will only make me unhappy .. and I have already become extremely camera...and mirror shy!
So.. for the next few weeks moderation will be the key. I am still going walking...Im enjoying it...and this is such a pretty time of year. But I am going to accept all the invitations and not be worried about what I eat. Hopefully by the new year my mojo will have returned and I can start my new battle back to fitness. After all.. I have a big trip coming up in March.

But for now... Lets get ready for Christmas....

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

3 comments:

  1. Keep going, you can do it! Think about what you've achieved so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your attitude! Just look at that amazing meal! We were at my sister’s so had limited leftovers but a whole lot of ham!
    The picture of you two is my favorite! Embrace that camera because you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regrowing hair after treatment was so exciting. Mine started out curly and fluffy but went back to normal after a while and now is turning grey... sigh. thanks for vising Carole's chatter

    ReplyDelete