Thursday 16 June 2022

Finding a Bargain...

So...how are the rising food prices affecting you. Im certainly paying much more for my groceries. We try to shop at cheaper supermarkets like Walmart. Aldi, and the local markets.. but even their prices have increased. Its annoying so Im always grateful to find a bargain

The other day.. Aldi was asking nearly $5 for a four pack of corn on the cob. Although I had them on weekly meal plan..I decided to leave them and find a substitute. But on the way home we stopped at the local market and they had sale on their corn still in their husks.
I brought home a bag full... cleaned them... cut them half... 
blanched them in boiling water and cooled them in ice water.
When cold and dried... I put them into freezer bags and popped them in the freezer
Thirty two corn on the cobs for less then the price of the four from Aldi...

And we wont have to buy any for quite a while!!

Have you found any bargains recently?

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

1 comment: