Friday 24 June 2022

Busy Friday..

Yesterday my neighbour and I went to an estate sale.. where I picked up a box of canning jars and bottles... plus new lids for just a couple of dollars... a fraction of the normal cost
Jars can be reused... but I wouldnt risk the lids... so I use them for dehydrated foods. Its was a good box with a few unusual shapes..and some pretty blue ones
Its so hot now... but my canning continues... I daren't measure the temperature in my kitchen.
So latest items for my pantry... the leftover lemon juice that will last for years... and the first batch of strawberry jam
Im a bit disappointed in the jam as I didnt skim off all the foam... so the tops look a bit cloudy... but its still very tasty... especially on my waffles this morning
I also dehydrated some celery... Two whole heads are in that jar. It will be lovely sprinkled in soups, stews and casseroles come winter.
I was so hot and tired tonight... MrD treated us to a fish supper from a local British Chip Shop. Not too healthy...but bloomin' tasty... but it was missing the mushy peas. And... I really fancied a pickled egg... but I dont think they have them here... So.. I thought why not make your own...

Thank goodness I bought more jars!

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment