Tuesday 26 January 2021

Teal Tuesday...

Its coming up to the two year anniversary of my remission from Ovarian Cancer. I still have tests to make sure its staying away...at first every three months..now its four.

I often see posts encouraging ladies to have cervical smears. I just want to remind you ladies....A SMEAR TEST DOES NOT DETECT OVARIAN CANCER!!..You have to look for its.symptoms.

Its called the Silent Killer as many dont get diognosed until stage 4..and then it's usually too late. I was lucky...I was stage three when I was told I had cancer.. but even then my doctor had been treating me for divaticulitis. Not his fault...the symptoms are the same as advanced stage OC. Its only when the pain became horrendous and I started to bleed did they find my tumour which was bigger than a baseball. Surgery and chemo kicked it to the curb... and I thank God! But early detection is key. There is still a chance the cancer can return within five years, Even though I had the overies..tubes etc removed.. the cells could still be in my body. But regular checks should catch it.

Ladies...dont be afraid to ask questions when you go for your smear test.... if you have any concerns see your doctor ( you know when your body dosnt feel right) and please please get regular mammograms! You ony have one life... dont lose it!

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment